Do you have anxiety?
Most people these days live a busy, fast-paced, stressful lifestyle where they work too long, have huge responsibilities and live without support from close-by family. It’s almost unavoidable to feel stressed out. But sometimes, worry and anxiety about the future, takes on a life of its own. When worry, stress, panic, and anxiety stop you from finding peace and relaxation we call it an Anxiety Disorder and our counselors offer anxiety treatment to help!
Here’s what people say when they come to see us about anxiety:
- I can’t stop worrying. I have trouble getting to sleep; I wake up too early and I’m perpetually tired.
- My stress at work is killing me. I have headaches and stomachaches but I don’t want my wife to know that I may lose my job.
- I’m overwhelmed with responsibility at work and home. My husband says I’m high-strung and just shouldn’t worry so much.
- I’m afraid to leave my house.
- Sometimes I feel weird aches and pains and get fearful I may have a dread disease. I’m afraid people would think I’m crazy if they knew how much I worry about dying.
- I’ve have trouble dating because I feel so anxious and shy about meet new people.
- I went to the ER with with a racing heart, difficulty breathing, chest pain, dizziness, electric shooting pains, nausea – but they said it was just a panic attack.
- I have memories from being deployed that just don’t stop. I wake up with nightmares and can’t relax to be intimate with my wife.
- Racing intrusive thoughts keep circling in my head about bad things and I’ve started to do compulsive things like washing my hands, picking at my skin or performing little rituals to stop the bad things from happening.
All these people describe dealing with anxiety of different types – generalized anxiety (GAD), panic attacks, social avoidance or social anxiety, agoraphobia, post-traumatic syndrome (PTSD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
We can help you live without anxiety! At Awakenings, our individual counselors and psychotherapists are trained in anxiety treatment to help you get back the energy wasted in a vicious cycle of worry. With anxiety counseling you can:
- Find a worry cure and feel peace of mind
- Get anxiety solutions and stop worrying
- Learn scientifically-researched methods to stop panic attacks
- Discover the root cause of your anxiety and perhaps not need medication
- Feel confident at meeting new people and comfortable socially and in confrontations
- Accept what is outside of your control and live in the present moment
- Heal from trauma exposure
- Stop obsessing
- Deal with stress effectively